everything here is eatable

Mostly-vegan low-fat whole foods recipes

Friday, February 15, 2008

slacking...

I've really been slacking on the posts here. Stuff has been going on and not much of it food related. You see, I love food but I usually love it a bit too much. I have issues with food and sometimes I just need to take a step back from eating just for the sake of pleasure and cooking just to try new recipes, because that puts me into a cycle of eating behaviors that are not good for me, mentally or physically (can we say eating half of a batch of soup that serves 4-6 people all by myself....and then having dessert? I have issues.). So I've been back on Eat to Live pretty strictly the past few weeks and eating a lot of simple foods that aren't necessarily blog-worthy. And, ugh, I've had to avoid any added sugars (with the exception of the occasional drizzle of agave nectar) and most grains and, double ugh, chocolate in any form, since all these trigger unhealthy eating for me right now...though I think the cravings are finally starting to dwindle, considering I was easily able to resist V-day chocolate gifts yesterday. But, all the food stuff on top of some sort of infection on my hand and feet, the resulting antibiotic-induced uckiness, sub-arctic temperatures, the beginning of the planting season fast approaching, work-related busyness and a missing camera cord have made me not so interested in blogging. But really, one of these days I'll get back into the swing of things. I do have some tasty V-day food picks to post once I find the above mentioned camera cord...

But anyway, does anyone know of a really good recipe for vegan wheat-free (doesn't have to necessarily be gluten-free) carrot cake? Like a really traditional-tasting recipe, just spicy enough, with stuff like walnuts and coconut and cream cheese frosting and all that good stuff? I can veganize recipes and de-wheat recipes but every carrot cake recipe I find has either eggs or wheat and I'm nervous about subbing out both of them. Perhaps spelt flour may be my savior here...since I'm intrigued by the VWAV recipe but am concerned about wheat-free textural problems and spelt tends to behave better....but, yes, I have until the last weekend in March to figure this one out, but since I'm taking a temporary break from good tasty sugaryness, my testing timetable is limited. Any suggestions, anyone? I really want a extra-tasty carrot cake or possibly carrot-cake cupcakes for my birthday but I fear I may end up with overly dense weirdness.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegan wheat-free carrot cake? Sorry. Were you able to track down a good recipe, though?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home